VUB Biology Notes
These are the notes I am using
to present my lectures. They are here for the convenience of my
students. They are unedited and thus liable to error. The expansions
and corrections I put in during my lectures are not included.
Use them at your own risk!
If you find errors in my notes, please inform me ASAP via e-mail:
rap1 @ axe.humboldt.edu
- September 10: Introduction; What
- September 12: Introduction to Chemistry
- September 17: Chemistry II: Moles
& Molarity; Weak Bonds; Water; pH & Buffers.
- September 19: Small Biomolecules.
- September 24: Biomacromolecules.
- September 26: Introduction to Metabolism.
- October 1: Lab day - Microscopes and microscopic life.
- October 3: Field trip - a walk in the woods to the pond.
- October 8: Introduction to The Cell.
- October 10: Midterm Exam; The Cytoskeleton.
- October 15: Introduction to Metabolic
Pathways: Glycolysis etc.
- October 22: Photosynthesis; The
Cell Cycle & Mitosis.
- October 24: Field Trip - HSU Natural History Museum: Fossils
as Examples of Evolution & the Diversity of Life.
- October 29: Heredity, Sex, Meiosis,
and Life Cycles.
- October 31: Mendelian Genetics;
- November 5: Genetics, Chromosomes,
- Last modified 22 October 2001
- © R Paselk