Lecture Notes, Spring 2010
These are the notes
I am using to present my lectures. They are here for the convenience
of my students. They are unedited and thus liable to error. The
expansions and corrections I put in during my lectures are not
included. Use them at your own risk! If you find errors in my
notes, please inform me ASAP via e-mail: rap1
- Lecture 1; January 19: Introduction, What is Toxicology?
- Lecture 2; January 21: Biology Review; Cell Structure. Lecture 2 Slide
- Lecture 3; January 26: Membranes and Membrane Structure.Introduction to Proteins
Lecture 3 Slide
- Lecture 4; January 28: Proteins.
Lecture 4 Slide
- Lecture 5; February 2: Enzymes and Metabolism; Dose-Response Relationships.
- Lecture 6; February 4: Dose-Response Curves - Quantitation of Dose-Response.
- Lecture 7; February 12: Quantitation of Dose-Response cont.
- Lecture 8; February 16: Absorption and Distribution: Factors Affecting Transport.
- Lecture 9; February 18: Absorption and Distribution, cont.: Effects of Ionization; Protein Binding; Introduction to Toxicokinetics.
Lecture 9 Slide
- Lecture 10; February 23: Toxicokinetics, cont.
- Lecture 11; February 25: Toxicokinetics, cont.; Excretion; Toxicant Metabolism - Phase One Reactions.
Lecture 11 Slide
- Lecture 12; February 28: Phase One Monooxygenases - Example Reactions; P450 mechanism.
Lecture 12 Slide
- Lecture 13; March 9: Non- P450 Oxidations; Reduction Reactions; Hydrolysis Reactions; Phase Two Reactions.
Lecture 13 Slide
- Lecture 14; March 11: Phase Two Reactions, cont.; Comparative Toxicology.
Lecture 14 Slide
- Lecture 15; March 23: Comparative Toxicology, cont.- Species, Absorption, Distribution & Excretion Variations.
Lecture 15 Slide
- Lecture 16; March 25:
Comparative Toxicology, cont.- Strain/Genetic Variations; Physiological Factors in Toxicology cont.; Toxic Responses - Chemical Carcinogenesis
- Lecture 17; March 30:
Toxic Responses - Chemical Carcinogenesis, cont. ;
- Lecture 18; April 1:
Teratogenesis,cont.; Mutagenesis; Tissue Lesions.
Last modified 1April 2010
© RA Paselk 2008