Week 10 Key
- What reactions of glycolysis are "irreversible"?
- Note that reactions are irreversible in a physiological sense.
- How can reactions become physiologically irreversible when enzymes catalyze fully reversible reactions, and when their catalytic mechanisms are completely reversible?
- Product inhibition at [ ] which would allow reasonable reverse flow.
- Product KM values do not allow reasonable product binding at physiological concentrations, so minimal catalysis of reverse flow.
©R A Paselk
Last modified 25 March 2011