© R. Paselk 2008
1. What is the molarity of a solution made up by dissolving 46.7 g of Calcium Nitrate (FW= 164.1) in enough water to make up a volume of 500.0 mL?
2. What is the molarity (M) for chloride ion in a solution made up by dissolving 46.7 g of Aluminum Chloride (FW = 133.33) in enough water to make up a volume of 500.0 mL.
3. What is the molarity of ions in a solution is made up by dissolving 7.67 g of Calcium Iodide in enough water to make up a volume of 250.0 ml.
4. How much iron(III) sulfate must be weighed out to make up 200.0 mL of a 25.0 mM solution?
5. How much Zinc chloride is needed to make up 1.500 L of a 0.250 M solution?
6. What volume of a 0.9954 M solution of sodium phosphate is needed to make up 250.0 mL of a 15.0 mM solution?
7. What volume of a 2.568 M solution of hydrochloric acid is needed to make up 250.00 mL of a 0.500 M solution?
In addition to these exercises you should familiarize yourself with the text materials.
© R A Paselk
Last modified 9 March 2015