Crowd-Sourcing Project Topics

2014-08-08 19:54 PDT

Pooling variations in experience allows for a broader perspective than one might be exposed to on your own. Each person is alloted so much time on this planet. Different people use that time in different ways and as a result accumulate variations in life experience. The wisdom gleaned from these different paths can be useful. This is why I'm a fan of crow-sourcing strategies and am currently seeking input from the source-crowd.

I'm currently crowd-sourcing resources for Engr 326 semester projects. I'd like to be able to offer students project topics from as broad an array of engineering disciplines as possible while also having them use numerical methods to manipulate legacy codes. These students will have written code for a Runge-Kutta ODE solver and finite-difference methods for PDEs by the end of the semester.

If you have ideas for engineering design projects that use any numerical methods and that can fit into a semester (<15 week time frame), please send me an e-mail: doug<at>humboldt.edu