Welcome to Abeer Hasan's Home Page!!!
- Distribution Theory.
- Change Point Detection.
- Probability Theory.
- Teaching statistics.
R script for modeling data with the non-central skew t distribution
- Abeer Hasan, Wei Ning & Arjun K. Gupta (2014). An Information-Based Approach to the Change Point Problem
of the Non-central Skew t Distribution with Applications to Stock Market Data, Sequential Analysis: Design Methods and Applications, 33:4, 458-474.
- Steve Su, Abeer Hasan and Wei Ning (2013). The RS Generalized Lambda Distribution Based Calibration Model.
International Journal of Statistics and Probability, 2:1, 101-107.
- Abeer Hasan, Wei Ning and Arjun K. Gupta (2014). A Non-central Skew t- Distribution with Applications to Environmental Data. (Under review).
- Sayonita Goshhajra, Abeer Hasan (2015). Integrating Oral Presentations in Mathematical and Statistical Courses. (In preparation).
- A Study of Non-Central Skew t Distributions and their Applications in Data Analysis and Change Point Detection.
Ph.D. dissertation supervised by Dr. Arjun Gupta and Dr. Wei Ning. Published on Ohio Link, 2013.
- A New Type of Orthogonality in Banach Spaces, M.A. thesis supervised by Dr. Rushdie Khalil. The University of Jordan, 2006.
- Ph.D. in Statistics:
Dissertation: A Study of non-central Skew t Distributions with Applications in Data Analysis and Change Point Detection.
- Master of Science in Mathematics.
- Master of Arts in Mathematics.
Thesis: A New Type of Orthogonality in Banach Spaces.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics.
Courses Taught at HSU:
- MATH 695: Directed Research.
- MATH 690: Thesis Supervision.
- STAT 333: Linear Regression Models.
- STAT 109: Introductory Biostatistics.
Courses Taught before HSU:
- Calculus II.
- Calculus I.
- College Algebra.
- Introduction to Statistics.
- Mathematics for Liberal Arts.
Data Files for my Students:
Datasets for STAT 109
Datasets for STAT 333
Click to see my favourite links!